The United Way Day of Caring is the largest one-day volunteer event in central West Virginia. 15TH ANNUAL DAY OF CARING will be Wednesday, September 16, 2020. We are planning to have ON-SITE, VIRTUAL, and CORPORATE project options this year. Choose from the list of projects for your team.
Day of Caring:
- Promotes the spirit & value of volunteerism
- Demonstrates the power & impact of United Way’s mission
- Generates positive community relationships
- Helps to develop contacts between volunteers, agencies & workplaces
- Gives each of us an opportunity to roll up our sleeves and work together to make a difference
VIRTUAL PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Senior Supply Drive – our UNITED WAY SIGNATURE PROJECT – open to all volunteers. United Way will collect donations on September 16, 9a-2p. Supply list will be provided.
- Writing “Care” cards for seniors
- Sew DIY fabric masks for UWCWV funded programs
- Conduct a virtual brainstorming or training session with a UWCWV funded program
- Stage a coat drive for fall and winter
- Collect socks for Warming Center this winter
- Collect non-perishable snacks for afterschool programs
- Collect pet food and treats for shelter
- Host a Shoe Drive to support the Equal Footing Shoe Fund
- Deliver baked goods to a hospital, city services office or fire and police stations to say thanks
ON-SITE PROJECTS INCLUDE:
A limited number of onsite projects are available in 2020 and will be assigned first come, first served. On-site teams limited to 20 or less per location to allow distancing.
- Cleaning and Organizing
- Trail building and maintenance
- Indoor activities
- Outdoor activities
Volunteer/Team Registration is open! Click on Events Tab/Day of Caring 2020 at the top menu.
Click Here: https://www.unitedwaycwv.org/team-registration-form-2020
Plan to attend DAY OF CARNG 2020!
You will be contacted about Match Meetings.
Visit the FAQ page for some great project ideas or for more information about forming a volunteer team.
If you have questions, contact Lisa Hudnall at 304.340.3521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.