SEPTEMBER 21, 2022
The United Way Day of Caring is the largest one-day volunteer event in central West Virginia. The event brings together hundreds of volunteers to create a positive impact on non-profit organizations and human service providers across Kanawha, Putnam, Boone, Clay and Logan counties. The 17th ANNUAL DAY OF CARING will be on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, from 9 am to 3 pm. Both ON-SITE and VIRTUAL volunteer opportunities will be available.
All participants are invited to our Day of Caring after party at the United Way from 3 to 5 pm on Wednesday, September 21. We'll celebrate the day with refreshments and capture some great photos.
DAY OF CARING:
- Promotes the spirit & value of volunteerism
- Demonstrates the power & impact of United Way’s mission
- Generates positive community relationships
- Helps to develop contacts between volunteers, agencies & workplaces
- Gives each of us an opportunity to roll up our sleeves and work together to make a difference
Project registrations will be accepted until August 5, 2022
Any non-profit or human services organization whose work positively impacts or benefits the community at large is eligible to submit a project for consideration.
PROJECT REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2022
PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE:
- Cleaning and Organizing
- Lawn update; weeding, mulching, branch collection
- Sorting clothing and donations
- Trail building and maintenance
- Vehicle wash and cleaning (agency)
- Indoor activities
- Outdoor activities
Individual/Team Registration will be accepted until August 17, 2022
TEAM REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2022
PROJECT AND VOLUNTEER PACKET
Projects and Teams can pick up their "Match" packets and t-shirts on September 8th and 9th from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the United Way office.
If you have any questions, contact Lisa Hudnall at 304.340.3521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.